Fees – Monthly tuition covers once lesson per week each month, regardless of the number of lessons in each month.
- Rates are listed below per individual lesson and by the month.
- Trial lesson is $25 for 30 minutes.
- A Registration fee of $25 per student covers initial set-up and scheduling with the teacher of the student's choice.
- Payment can be set up via an auto-pay system for the 1st of the month. An additional charge of $5 per month will be added if account is not enrolled in auto-pay. We accept credit/debit card, Apple Pay or Bank Transfer.
- Recital participation fees are $30 per student, there are two recitals per year.
- Special Summer Programs are available, see rate table below. Purchase in packages of 6, 8 and 10, schedule them weekly as you go through the summer. Different teachers may fill in periodically.
Payment Policies – Payment is pre-paid for the full month by the 1st.
- Lesson rates are prorated if signing up any other day other than the 1st of the month.
- Invoices are sent a week before they are due.
- There will be a grace period up to the 5th of each month for payment. After that, a $25 late fee will be applied.
- Persistent issues with delayed payments and communications that become problematic will result in termination of services.
- Payments not received by the second lesson in the month may result in suspension of lessons until payment is received in full.
24-hour Cancellation Policy –24-hour notice is required for any cancellations.
- Cancellation requests notices must be submitted by 6pm the day before the parent or student wishes to cancel or reschedule the lesson. Notices received after 6pm may result in forfeiture of the lesson makeup.
- If a student gets sick the day of a lesson, we reserve the right to offer to reschedule if the teachers’ schedules allow. We must receive notice at least 6 hours notice in order to reschedule the lesson.
- In cases of cancellations and missed lessons for reasons other than illness occurring the day of lesson, the lesson cannot be made up.
- Same day lesson time changes are contingent on the teacher’s availability and can’t be guaranteed.
- Should a teacher need to cancel a lesson the day of due to illness or other reason, a substitute teacher will be scheduled. If a substitute teacher cannot be scheduled in time, student will gain a makeup lesson.
Scheduling and Makeups – All immediate scheduling communications should be made between 9am – 6pm. Email anytime for general scheduling changes, however the normal 6pm time cut-off will still apply for 24 hour cancellations. Please email email@example.com or text/call (323)-64PIANO – (323) – 647-4266
- We observe all major holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, etc).
- Teachers do not handle any scheduling. All scheduling changes must go through Piano Teacher Girl.
- Students get 5 makeups every 12 months that can be used for any reason.
- Missed lessons can be made up by adding in time to subsequent lessons based on teacher’s availability. This won’t count against available makeups.
Temporary breaks from Lessons – If a student would like to take a break from lessons for any reason a two-week notice in writing is required.
- Because our teachers travel to people’s homes, temporary breaks from lessons for 4 weeks or more will result in a student losing their spot in their teacher’s schedule. A new spot will need to be coordinated on a different day and time and possibly with a different teacher upon resuming. To keep your same spot with your teacher, you can:
- Pay 50% of the monthly tuition.
- Pay the full amount and make up the missed lessons anytime in the next 12 months.
- Purchase at least an 8 or 10 lesson week Summer Lesson Package (available anytime during the year).
Discontinuing Lessons - If a student would like to discontinue lessons, a 2 week written notice is required.
- We do not provide partial or full refunds of any monthly tuition payment once it is received.
- Please let us know two weeks prior to the end of the month, or at the beginning of the month so invoice can be correctly prorated.